Sunday, December 01, 2013

Response.

Living in the age of technology where almost everyone uses electronics to communicate, people seem to be taking this for granted: Response. When did using an electronic device become a trend that 'you can choose not to do anything about text messages?'

I personally don't really like it when I send out a text and gain absolutely no response. If I don't receive any reply, it is alright as long as something is being done, even if you don't reply my text. But I find it plain rude when I get total silence...as though I just talked to a wall. I really don't mind even if I just get a one word text, but to be completely ignored is something that frustrates me because I get sensitive in such issues. It just means that my words are not taken seriously. Of course, I don't get crazy over this when I only send out my message over 5 minutes, or even hours, but a message can't possibly go unnoticed for over days (unless there is really an emergency going on, or there is really a legitimate reason behind it).

The whole point is not about forcing the person to reply. It is about mutual respect for one another.

To be honest, I was once like that in the past, and I find it wrong. That's why I try my best to reply with the best of my abilities, or do something in response to what was being asked for or said.

I really hope things will change with regards to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home