The heart for youths.
It was just a while ago that I had the sudden urge to blog about this, which I would say is quite significant in my life.
I remember that when I was young, I told my parents that I wanted to have a younger sibling, preferably a younger sister, since I already had an older brother. I always daydreamed of that, both of us attending the same church, maybe serving in different ministries, and getting to share what is happening in school and in church and getting to laugh and think over them.
It was because of this that I always wanted to become a good role model to my 'younger siblings' in church. Brothers and sisters in Christ who are a few years younger than me, and especially when they themselves are in leadership roles and being a role model themselves to others. I really favor them a lot, and it brings a lot of joy to my heart to see them lead youths towards more of Christ.
One very good example is the Stomp team, formed back in 2008 during Brigade Enrolment. A few of them are themselves currently serving in the Brigade ministry: Yuling, Hannah, Yaode, Daniel. I watched them grow up and receive their posting in the Brigade, and now they themselves are officers towards the younger secondary boys and girls, who are impacting them and strengthening them towards greater things in Christ.
Another really good example is Peiru (yes I know you are reading this now lol). I'm always amazed at how passionate and caring she is towards her fellow girls in GB, and also towards other people. In facebook, twitter, instagram, and blogs, you can see that she is really respected and loved by many in GB. I can boldly say that her faithfulness and love to God, not only in her service, has drawn many people closer to Christ.
And so, I really want to emphasise the importance of having a heart for youths. In society nowadays, teenagers are not getting the care and love that they ought to have, and many teenagers are feeling condemned and hopeless. Negativity is driving them to the brink of severe emotional and psychological harm. Youths are the future of a nation, and yet many are neglecting them and think that they are useless. Youths have so much fire in their eyes, but those fires are slowly extinguished by discouragements through the years.
Till today, I have always continued to speak into their lives whenever I can, to those who are impacting the lives of the younger people. Sometimes I hope to even inspire the youths themselves, through my service for God and my posts online.
I want to continue imparting my experiences, and continue to encourage them that our God is a living God, who loves them and cares for them, who has a plan mapped out for them, who has called them for a great purpose in life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home