Friday, August 16, 2013

Get out of that boat!

It's so true that stepping out of your comfort zone is going to be perspective-changing, exciting, and lonely at times. The moment you touch that water, it is now or never. You either freak out and start to sink, or you place your FULL trust on God that He is going to take you far. You leave your comfort of family, friends, everything and everyone that you felt comfortable with. You leave all that has been so familiar to you.

You will never see new things if you stay in that boat, and you may even be complacent to the point that you choose not to have God by your side, since everything is so smooth sailing.

And for me, it is literally happening in these past few weeks. I've been here not even a month yet, and I seem to have experienced different aspects of stepping onto the water: I've witnessed the divine goodness of our God who provides according to what He has promised. I'm experiencing the weaknesses that I have currently in my life, and I'm currently embracing a very different culture from what I have gone through back home.

It is not just independence in the physical aspect that I have to nurture, but also dependence on God in the spiritual aspect daily.

I have a great community in YI and IL, and there are many Christians there whom I know loves God with all their hearts, who serves Him passionately. But I have a question that I would like to raise to all whom are there now: 'When was the last time you really step out of your comfort zone? When was the last time where you are scared to the point where you know that you need to trust God 100%, or you are finished?' Going into the unknown is one of the scariest things to do in life. I can relate to that when I had my initial serving experiences on the drums. And I think going overseas to study is the next biggest thing that I've did ever since. I had to deal with things that I had never faced before in Singapore. On the other hand, I get to be excited about things that I may never have the chance to do in Singapore.

There are many new things that I have to learn and adapt to, there are many challenges that I have to face. When you are on water, you will realise that you are helpless without God. I can promise you that you will be desperate to take every step together with God by your side. Every moment that I did not move with God over here in Melbourne and chose to go my own way instead, I felt really lost and disoriented.

I believe that everyone in YI and IL has the capacity for a really powerful breakthrough! However, more than often, we just to be where we are. We are too comfortable. We don't want to change. We want the same old things. But hey, I have news: God has something more for each and every one of us, but we can't find them in the boat. They are outside the boat. I really hope one day that many are going to be stepping onto the water, and I truly believe that one day many are going to receive from God something even greater than ever before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home