School starts!
Most students would have started their semester on Monday, but mine officially started on Tuesday...So here's why.
As mentioned in the previous blog post, I was having trouble getting my modules enrolled last week due to complications that arose from my advanced standing and exemptions. The modules that I had credit for weren't chemistry based, and so it was impossible to do chemistry subjects and get into a chemistry major within the time frame of my studies, unless chemistry subject credit was given. And it didn't get better when I had to wait till the following Monday to know whether it will be given.
And so during the weekend, I was quite annoyed and worried, with heavy thoughts weighing me down. But still, I wanted to place my absolute trust in God, as I know that whatever He started, He will lead me step and step, and He will bring it to completion.
I woke up on Monday morning, and I immediately went to my laptop to see if there was any email from the staff...and there was none. Tsk.
It wasn't until noon where the staff finally got back to me...
And told me that the credits were approved! :)
I was overjoyed. Now, not only do I pay less for the school fees, but I am now able to complete the degree with my desired major! However, it took me quite a while before I finally got everything settled, and I have a proper study plan with all the modules placed in the appropriate place so that everything will be done smoothly (assuming that I pass everything...of course I must pass!). No pre-requisite clashes.
I only managed to attend my first class on Tuesday.
The entire saga ended up with a timetable that I would say is very...uncommon. As I am unable to do the standard 4 modules per semester (due to pre-requisites, and I was afraid that I couldn't cope if I do them at one shot), I had split up my remaining 9 modules that I had to complete to 2 this semester, followed by 2,2,3. Spanning over the entire 4 semesters. At first I was hoping to get everything done in 1 and a half years, but perhaps it is better not to rush things. Anyway, I also have other plans that I have over here in Melbourne.
I really don't know whether I'm going to do any part time work, but what I do have is really a LOT of time.
But through this, it really made me depend on God a lot. I think I have never depended on God so much before. In this new environment where I had to be careful and wise, I know that I can't do this without having God by my side. In every step of the way, I had to trust God that He has the way out for any situation I'm in, but provided that I walk with Him every moment. This is just the beginning. I know that it is going to be challenging ahead.
I'm ready for more. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home