Unexpected.
John Mayer once made a comment on a show that: There are things that he writes in a song that he will never understand, but people seemed to get joy out of.
And somehow I come to relate to what he is saying...
Ya' know, for many years, I can honestly say to all that I have never been impressive on the drums. There are tonnes of people who are so much better, so much groovier, so much talented than me in that aspect.
For many services, even though the passion for serving God has made me carry on drumming with joy, I never really liked what I have played technically. Sometimes there's no energy, sometimes it's too much, sometimes it just sound plain boring, sometimes something seems off. It was rare for me to have done something that I would take as a really great accomplishment.
However, the greatest surprises that I have received for all these years...is people getting joy from my playing. I'm deeply encouraged, no joke. Not trying to be sarcastic here, but I'm really, really encouraged, that something I thought has always been just average and non-inspiring, has become something joyful in the ears of other people.
I will never understand what their hearts were telling them as they hear my playing, and what's good about my playing. However, what I do understand, is that I will continue to bless them with what God has given me, and that I will never stop that joy from flowing within their spirits as they worship God.
So to all out there: Don't belittle what God has given you, because something you feel that may never make the mark may be something really special in the eyes of others.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home