Wednesday, July 01, 2009

No title.

Sometimes, being detached from people you love really tests your trust in God.

Just finished my ops duty in my unit, and to be honest, it was a roller coaster ride. At times, weekends are being burnt, I was not able to go to church, I was not able to serve.

Till this point, I was still telling myself that it's alright. God is in control.

And then came another crushing news ops that my duty had to be extended due to the happy mischief of Mr Swine Flu.

I had to miss Z3 retreat this year.

I'm not blaming my unit for what happened. It is totally understandable. I accept it.

But for a moment I just find myself so stranded. It's starting to annoy me. Just how many times have I lost the chance to gain experiences that I may only get once in a lifetime?

I lost my chance at YI camp last year.
I lost my chance at radical conference this year.
I lost my chance at being to Pastor Henry Seelay's workshops.
I lost many, many chances at serving.

I keep looking forward. However I'm just so scared that disappointments will keep coming.

Nevertheless, I believe it's a choice. A choice for me to keep on walking in faith with God, or to blame God for the misfortunes. A choice to keep on praising God, or start complaining.

I'm gonna choose the positive side. =) Anyway, in a strange but satisfying way, I actually had time to learn some things from God during this period of time, and it's been quite fruitful.

Before I knew it, it's already July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home