Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rewind, remember, rejoice. =)

Finally, this is a time where I can like really sit down and type out one good and long post. =D

Looking back at 2008... A year where half of it has been spent in the army (by the way, I'm more than 1/4 through army already). But even that said, God has still blessed me tremendously before and during the course of NS. New friends made, new blessings obtained, new annointing and passion acquired.

February/March: Stomp team.

It's been almost 9 months since they have performed their pioneering performance in the brigade enrolment service (u guys rock man haha). I won't forget those times where me and Liang Zhi were having tough but happy times planning out beats, teaching, breaking pails and glasses (LOL). On the other hand, I'm really glad to see that they are still staying close to God, and glorifying Him in the brigade and studies.

8 March: Birthday!

Never ever will I expect to have a SUSHI CAKE for my birthday. I think this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Really man, team 2 u guys are just so awesome. =D My 2008 birthday has also been so far the best of all my birthday celebrations. This year, it's not just staying at home and blowing candles, it's not just receiving a slice of cake and a birthday card, it has been a really wonderful surprise planned out nicely by team 2 and cell group. Oh, speaking about cell group birthday surprise, I still remember how Gideon was trying to act all angry because I stayed too long for my birthday surprise with team 2 hahahahaha.

13 June - 9 Sept: Time to learn the basics of green.

Yup, the day I became botak Wai. Freedom was limited. Need to wake up at 530am. Run, pull-up, prone in mud, get scratched by sharp plants, singing army songs abt 239587 times, shooting, and so much more experiences that you can't get as a civilian. To be honest, I was challenged mentally, but I really thank God He has pulled me through, and I have grown mentally and physically strong during that period of time.

21 Sept - Present: 4th Battalion Singapore Infantry Regiment, Support Company, Mortar platoon

Unit life. Less hectic than BMT. But still, I was upset at first on the fact that I'm gonna stay in for the next 1 year 9 months (unless I manage to downgrade at some point of time =X). Today, I'm still going on towards this destiny that God has given me. Maybe God placed me here for a reason: To continue moulding me and renewing me like a clay in the flames, that He wants me to grow stronger even more than before, so that I am prepared enough to achieve my dreams, and whether I like it or not, I would still obey Him. His reward awaits. =)

2009 is coming in 12 days time. It's going to be a new and refreshing year for all of us. As I close this post for the day, I encourage all of you readers passing by to start the new year strong. Put all those rubbish accumulated in 2008 behind. Think of God's blessings for you coming ahead in 2009.

It's going to be an exciting 2009. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home