Pacer.
A few days back I just had my IPPT (Individual Physical Proficiency Test, basically it's army 'NAPFA'), and I think I would like to share something that God has impressed upon me during that period.
Just like any NAPFA test in school, the IPPT also consists of the 2.4km run. However, in my unit, it's slightly more challenging running 2.4km, due to the fact that my running course has slopes, and that I am constantly playing around with gravity.
It was almost to the end of the finishing line where I'm about to do my final burst of sprinting. It was difficult after running past quite a number of slopes, and that my muscles are almost at their limit.
I was also kinda discouraged by the fact that while other people had pacers to help them run more efficiently towards the end point, I was running alone at that point of time.
I had no one to guide me.
I had no one to keep me going. (other than a few shouts of cheers for me)
I felt inferior.
My mind is starting to play games with me. I wanted to give up in using the last burst.
It was then I felt a voice whispering to me:
I am your pacer.
I realised, yeah, God has been my pacer all along. Why didn't I thought of that?
Throughout the run, God has been the One who truly stood by me. He has been trying to pace me, but I didn't catch the frequency. I was disturbed by my fatique, I was disturbed by my surroundings.
In our lives, we have always been disturbed by what we see, and our pacing in life has been disrupted:
We either start moving too fast,
Or we start moving too slow.
Has there been instances where pressure in studies/work starts hammering your life, and that you wanted to accomplish something quickly due to anxiety? However, you start to wear out and break down.
I believe we all experienced them before.
Or maybe you are so demoralised by your teachers/peers/friends/family in something you aim for, till you lost interest in what you want to achieve? Broken dreams. Diminishing passion.
I believe we all experienced them before.
I would like to encourage you readers who are passing by, that even though you feel that you are running the long track of life alone, God has always be there for you. He is there to help you run with confidence and strength.
Let God be your pacer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home