Sunday, April 27, 2008

No time to waste.

We all know that a second is something that is short. A second just flashes by within a blink of an eye. Gone.

But sometimes we take the fact that 'a year consists of 31536000 seconds' for granted.

We think that there is time to waste.

I'm reminded of what Pastor Daniel shared in his sermon, regarding procrastination, a few months back, and I think it was really essential.

The problem with people nowadays that we always don't take each second seriously to do something significant.

We waste seconds away switching channels on TV.
We waste seconds away lying on the sofa staring at space.
We waste seconds away emo-ing. (And I think I can hear 'ahems' @_@)
We waste seconds away by over-indulging in games. (I hear 'ahems' again @_@)
We waste seconds away fidgeting with some stationaries.
We waste seconds away by losing attention during classes. (I hear really loud 'ahems' @_@)

Sad to say, with one significant thing that we try to do, we are pulled away by the trillions of distractions around us.

I'm not trying to say that you've got to be doing something serious 24/7. There are times where rest and de-stressing is a necessity.

But once a precious and useful second is gone, there's no rewinding.

I wanna take this time to do some encouragement and reminder to all who are passing by. =D

Students
---------------------------------------
Make use of each and every second well in your studies. No matter how much you 'dislike' your teacher, at least do something useful like taking notes which you find important from the teacher, rather than daydream or playing with your pencil box or doing some silly things (although it can be really fun and funny LOL). If really nothing you find useful from what the teacher says, at least go through pages of the textbook/notebook/workbook/notes where you find that revision is needed.

Musicians
---------------------------------------
One word: PRACTICE. No use drooling over youtube videos. Even if without instruments, read music theory books, or go wikipedia (I call it the cheat code website for students =DDD) to find out more on music or on the instruments that you are playing. Or if no computer/laptop, tap your hands/feet. =D

Brigade Officers
---------------------------------------
Daniel you finally tagged after sooooo long haha. Now I know that you are reading my blog haha. And I know Sister Nana passes by sometimes =) But anyway, this is for all officers passing by. =) In the process of nuturing the juniors, there would surely be times of discouragements, where sometimes the junior may disobey commands or instructions. However, I'm sure that with patience and perseverance, breakthroughs will start to happen, and you would start to see growth among the brigade in which you would never have thought of. But that would only be possible if each second is used wisely.

Cell Group Leaders
---------------------------------------
I salute you all leaders, seriously. The amount of hard work, patience, passion and time in growing and leading cell groups to new levels of spiritually maturity by you all is really tremendous. However, don't allow unnecessary distractions pull you away from God's directions. Let every second be God-driven, and continue to see God's work dwell mightily within the cell groups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, hope this post is long enough to keep you guys occupied. =D Will be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home