Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A mix of three things.

Firstly, on why I took so long to update:



Well, it speaks for itself. Lol.

---------------------------------------------

Secondly, there was actually a sixth surprise for my birthday! On 9 March 2008. =D

In the church lift...

Faith: Let's sing a belated birthday song for Wai Kiat!
Lift people: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!...

Hahaha thanks people! =D Sorry I can't name you all specifically, cos' I can't remember some of you who are in the lift haha.

-----------------------------------------------

Thirdly, the major brigade event.

The Enrolment Service is approaching, this coming Friday.

The tension is high and the practices are more frequent. It's a day that I'm also looking forward to, as not only is there the band to support, but also the 'Stomp' group.

The band this year I would say has been going through quite tough times on the technical aspects, more than that of the band last year.

But it's good to see that they have overcome the majority of it and are much better than whom they are at first. =)

But overall, the routine is mostly the same as that of previous years. Teach, correct, improve. =)

Elton, Faith, Cynthia, Dorcas, Trevor, Vidas and Daryl.

Jiayou!!! =D

The 'Stomp' group I would say was a very special group to me this year. There was never a 'Stomp' group in the past enrolment services.

One fine day...

LZ: Wai, can you help me with something?
Wai: Yeah?
LZ: I need your help with creating some beats for the 'Stomp' Fancy Drill (At first it was: 'Stomp' + Fancy Drill, oh goodness I wondered how could they have survived in the co-ordination)
Wai: Ohh mmm ok.

At first I was rather interested, cos' it involved percussions, which is one of my favourite instruments. Wanna enjoy and help out in creating the beats together with Liang Zhi.

But as the days went by, it was getting rather demoralising. Comments such as 'malay wedding' and funeral started coming in, and the passion is starting to fade away (Although there was still a strong feeling inside me that I wanna prove them wrong).

However, God's will for the team to continue it still remained. Although the fancy drill was removed, the team is now going to pioneer the first ever 'Stomp' performance.

And I'm sure each and every person in the team wants to put up a good first time performance. It's going to be phenomenal. =)

Through much patience and practice from the team, here they are now, ready to declare God's name with their instruments:

Weijie (not me -_-"), Yu Ling, Hannah, Kirby, Joyce, Li Ying, Daniel and Yao De.

All the best!!! =)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home