Monday, March 10, 2008

Many blessings, pokes and the big TWO-OH. *Edited*

Seriously, this is the BEST birthday I've ever had in my 20 years on earth.

For the first decade or so, it has usually just been:



Erm..oh well you get the idea. Lol. (By the way, that's chocolate cake. Cos' I liked chocolate cake. Don't get the wrong thought. -_-")

Although there were a few occasions (two, I think) where my ex-cell (Jireh) celebrated for me.

But this year was very special. =D

Let's rewind to friday night...While waiting for 157 to come.

LZ: *on the phone*
Phee, GH, Jason: *chatter chatter*

It was just an ordinary 'after-supper-wait-for-bus' moment.

On the bus...

LZ: *on the phone*
Phee, GH:*chatter chatter*
Jason: *stones*

Suddenly...

LZ, Phee, GH: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!...
Me: *Stunned*
Jason: Eh, oh, your birthday ah? Yay, POKE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And somehow this new birthday song phrase started coming out:

Phee, GH, Jason: WE ARE POKING YOU NOW! WE ARE POKING YOU NOW!...

I'm poked left, right, back, centre, upside down. Lol.



So this was the first surprise.

--------------------------------------------

On saturday, I had prepared myself for a surprise by my beloved team 2 and Oikos. (Although I dunno what tricks they will be up to haha)

Was outside the church, waiting for the people from service 1 to leave the prayerhouse, before I go in.

Saw Amanda and Lisa, and went to greet them.

Lisa: Hey happy birthday! =)

And the next sentence was rather unexpected...

Amanda: Oh...it's your birthday today? Oh sorry! I forgot...

At first my feelings went something like how this student felt:

© Azumanga Daioh
Written and illustrated by: Kiyohiko Azuma
Directed by: Hiroshi Nishikiori


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Ok maybe that's too irritating and exasggerated. Lol.

And I thought: Hmmmm...maybe they never planned any surprise for me. It's alrite. =)

Although deep down I was quite disappointed at first.

After the service was over, and everything was packed up, the team (that was serving on stage) gathered together to end with a word of prayer.

And then after praying:

Team + Ana + Yanni + Jeremy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!...
GH: POKE AHHHHHHHH!!!

GH CHARGED AT ME AND POKED ME LIKE A BULLET TRAIN. OH MY GOODNESS.

I couldn't withstand it and I slammed onto the ground LOL.

This was the second surprise.

-------------------------------------------

For the third surprise, I gonna give ya' all some background information first...

On MSN, a few days back:

Lisa: Hey Wai, what kind of sushi do you like?
Me: Mmm..I liked those types with the veggie crumbs.
Lisa: VEGGIE CRUMBS?! YOU MEAN CUCUMBER?
Me: ohhhh yeah yeah hahahaha. Cucumber.
Lisa: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA VEGGIE CRUMBS! YOU KNOW HOW SMALL A CRUMB IS ANOT? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Lisa: Anyway, you only like VEGGIE CRUMBS? hahahahaha
Me: LOL. haha mmm i also like egg...and ramen! =D
Lisa: hahaha ok.

Back on saturday, after the second surprise:

GH: WaiWai! Quick leh! Accompany me go toilet!
Me: haha okok coming.

The moment I stepped outside the hall, I saw team 2 crowding around something...



I thought: "Wait...could this be?..."

And within that split second:

Team 2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!...

I just stood down there rooted to the floor. I was totally stunned. I never expected this.

After that, I saw that something:

It was a sushi 'cake'.

Now it all makes sense, that MSN chat a few days ago, and the 'cake'.

But yup, all in all, it was a really nice 'cake' filled with love. I really enjoyed it. =)

And it was after when I reached home that I realised Amanda didn't forget my birthday:

Quote from the birthday card she wrote:

"...You know as I'm writing this, you're outside with Lis & I, apparently you have no idea that the orange thingy I was holding is actually a b'day card for you!..."

@_@

This was the third surprise.
----------------------------------------

While enjoying my sushi 'cake':

Gideon: Oei! Why you still here? Go down lah!
Me: Lol okok.

My cell group was waiting downstairs. And I know surely got some tricks going on already. Haha.

At the ground floor, where my cell group was having dinner.

Gideon: *points* Nah! Your cake!

It was my birthday cake. Lol.

Me: Lol...ok...

At first I felt quite guilty, cos' I let them wait for quite long, and Gideon was really frustrated. haha.

Gideon: *passes me the food* Nah! Your food!

(Side track a bit: When I first saw my food, I thought it was a real prank lol. There's only rice and one sausage in my packet. I thought somebody really tampered with my food while I was upstairs. But to my surprise, it was really like that. LOL.)

Gideon: You want the 'happy birthday' sign on your cake anot?
Me: Erm...ok
Gideon: Quick lah! Put!
Mich Ng: *puts the sign on the cake*
Gideon: You want candle on your cake anot?
Me: Yeah...
Gideon: Oei quick lah! Put!
Xavier: *puts the candle on the cake*
Gideon: Oei! Where is the lighter?!
Someone: *lights the candle*

And then...

Cell group: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!...

*Smiles widely*

Hui Ting: See lah you! Take so long upstairs! Get scolded for nothing! LOL.

While cutting the cake, I decided to give a part of it to Pastor Daniel. It was not nicely cut due to my clumsiness and bad estimation, and I was a bit embarrassed about it. Sorry. =P

Me: Pastor Daniel, my birthday cake

*Hands him the cake*

Pastor Daniel: *looks at me, looks at the cake, looks at me, looks at the cake, looks at me* why are your hands trembling? It's trembling violently. *grins*



Me: ohh it's like this haha.

Pastor Daniel: But anyway, thanks *smiles*

The fourth surprise.

---------------------------------------------

While walking to the bus-stop, heading home.

*Phone rings*

It was Calvin Seow.

*Picks up phone*

Me: Hello?
Calvin: Wai Kiat ah? Hang on ah.
Calvin: 1,2,3
Background: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!...
Me: *chuckles loudly*
Calvin: So what's your birthday wish?
Someone in background: Kuai gao zhang da! (grow up quickly)
Everyone: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Me: My wish is for God to bless everyone that is around me (my loved, closed ones).

That was the fifth and final surprise.

----------------------------------------

And finally, not forgetting all the sweet messages wishing me happy birthday:

Chin Liat
Yu Soon
Gideon
Mich Ng
Tiffany
Siew Ling
Lisa
Kallang
Jeremy
Sabrina
Yvonne
Theresa
Daryl
Dororin
Shuen
One of my cousins and her family

And also:

To my Mum who has been taking care of me throughout all these twenty years. Thank you. =)

-----------------------------------------

To team 2:

I pray that God would continue to bless you all, be it in your daily life or during service, that God would continue to anoint you all, making the right decisions, and serving with clean hands and pure hearts.

To Oikos:

I pray that God would continue to be so real in all of you, and I pray that you all would continue to seek Him earnestly and fervently. I know that this group will surely become a very strong cell group spiritually, and I pray that God would continue to add on to Oikos so much more.

To others:

I pray that God would continue to be the centre of your lives, guiding your ways and directing your paths. Be strong and do not be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

---------------------------------------

God, I really thank You for all the wonderful people that You have placed around in my life. You have always been good to me, and I am really grateful and thankful. Lord, I just pray that as I continue on my journey with You and those around me, I pray that I would continue to be focused in You. Let me serve, praise, worship and love You with all I have.

In Jesus's name I pray,

Amen.

WaiWai's 20th birthday,
08/03/2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home