Radical Conference 2006.
Awesome.
As the band sings with might and power, the congregation gets wild and crazy over our one and only God. Just fantastic.
This year we have Youth Alive as our band for these few days. And speakers such as Pastor Dave Reardon and Pastor Chris Long.
There were quite a few things that I can't forget about this conference.
Firstly, as I see the band more and more, I just sense something much more out of them.
As what Gideon told Mark: "It's more about the music, there's something different about the band."
And really, from their movement and dancing in stage, it far exceeded what I expected of them, not only based on their pro technical skills, but of a pure heart to help the congregation get closer to God.
And secondly, the drummer, Luke Allen, gave me a very deep impression of him during the workshop on Sat (privately with z3).
He started learning drums at the age of 7, and he started playing in gigs of 500+ people at the age of just 10. And guess what? He is only 24 now.
Luke: "To be able to excel in drums, it really really takes a lot of practice. I practice for about a few hours a day. And for Mike (bassist, erm correct spelling of name?), he practices for 6 hours a day."
For a moment it gave me a lot of thought. For now I'm just practicing for only a few minutes a day. Or at most 40-45 mins a day. Or even not at all.
And to think that I had the guts to say that I dream of playing in big bands and in big congregations around the world at about 20+ of age.
It's time I put aside more time for practising on music for God.
Was also talking to Dru last night, asked him whether Z3 can be somewhat as good as Youth Alive some day. It's not that because of the presence of Youth Alive that I start to question about Z3, but I feel that maybe the whole of Z3 can work towards the spiritual level of what Youth Alive has. Even technically perhaps.
It takes each individual member to be committed to achieve something great, even if it is doing something small at first.
Okie, so that's enough rantings about the serious side.
It's been fun to hear how the Aussies speak, especially when they are surprised, you start hearing: "yeahhhhhhh mate", "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" etc.
And dear Mr Luke almost wanted to buy our snare drum for 200 australian dollars. LOL.
Was getting an autograph from Chad Blondel (worship leader):
Chad: "Aye what's your name?"
Me: Wai Kiat.
Chad: Ohhh sorry mate, I really couldn't spell that name.."
He smiled and signed his name, before giving a wink at the end.
Felt so great.... hehe *grins widely*
Okie, I gotta go off now, still have one more Youth Alive workshop to attend to.
Adios!
Father God,
Let us be radical,
Let us reach the nations,
Let Your glory shine.
22-24 June 2006,
Radical Conference 2006.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home