Monday, January 09, 2006

A Winter Tale. (Chapter 7)

Tera's heart was pumping so furiously, she could feel and hear the tremendous beat.
Her face was flushing red like a fresh apple from a tree.

She thought of giving up from the huge pressure upon her.

But the voice kept her from turning back.

Finally, that moment came:

"Erm Mum..I'm back.."

"Goodness! What's with your face? It's as though there were three suns today."

Tera kept quiet and solemn.
She is too nervous to be amused now.

"Mum..I just wanna ask.."

"Yes? You look really serious. What's the matter?"

"Mum..."

Tera held her breath for a moment.

"Can I..go for..church services?"

Her Mum's expression changed almost immediately.

"Why?..For what?..And no, I will not allow it."

It was the response that Tera least wanted to hear.
And she knew rebutting back would worsen the situation.

"I...I..." she replied with trembling lips.

"I SAID NO!" her mother snapped at her.

Tera went speechless with fear and her eyes were brimming with tears.
Sobbing, she went straight into her room and locked her door shut.

Her mother, on seeing this, stayed rooted on her ground.
She somehow felt a heartache from sadness,
Which she never had for years and doesn't expect it now.

In Tera's room, the poor girl continued to weep on her bed:

"God! Why did this happen?! You told me to go and I did it. But why?! Why did she refuse?" She fumed with anger.

"My child, you did what I told you and you have done your part. Now, let Me do the rest. Remember, I will never leave you nor forsake you."

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified becuase of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Tera then realised that God already has His own plan.

"God, I'm sorry for being losing my temper at You. But promise me Lord, that You would lead me to that great church one day."

"I will. I Promise."


(All characters and events in this story are purely fictional. Any resemblance of any kind are totally coincidental.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home