Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Winter Tale. (Chapter 5)

Day after day Tera read her bible without fail.

At first she flipped around trying to find a book which she likes to read,
But God finally settled her on the book of John, one that is applicable for her at the moment.

Her discipler would also continue meeting her regularly after school for bible lessons.

However, amidst of these, Tera's mother is getting suspicious of her coming back home at a later time which she did not expect.

"Darling, what have you been doing at school?" Her mother asked her one day.

She frozed for a moment, she did not know whether to tell her about her bible lessons, as she felt that her Mum is rather against Christianity.

"Erm..nothing mum..just some extra activites after school." She replied and went straight into her room to prevent further questioning.

One day, after class:

"Tera, what do you usually do on Sundays?"

"Eh? Nothing much, just reading the bible, praying and doing my homework."

"You do not go to a church?"

Tera paused for a while.

"I've only been to an evangelistic rally once which changed my whole life. Other than that, I haven't been to any."

"Evangelistic rally? Wait...The church near your home?"

She nodded her head.

"My goodness! How did I not manage to see you? I was part of the carolling team then!"

Both gasped in surprise.

"Really?! Wow..you must have sang really well then. The carolling team was real splendid!"

"Nah...I still need more practice." Serene blushed.

"But anyway...I would like to invite you again to my church. However, not for any rally, but for real services this time." Serene offered.

"I...I erm..."

"Huh?"

"No nothing, nevermind. Not for now. I'm sorry...Hey I gotta go, see ya."

Tera left the vicinity in a hurry, leaving her discipler clueless and at a lost.


(All characters an events in this story are purely fictional. Any resemblance of any kind are totally coincidental.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home