Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Winter Tale. (Chapter 4)

6 years passed by in the wink of an eye.

Tera is now 15 years old, a school belle and a fast-learning student in her secondary education, unlike the cute and childish her when she was young.

She was also kind and courteous, and had many friends.

But in her friend list, there is always this person: Jesus.

Every morning when she awakes and every night before she sleeps,
She would never fail to greet the Almighty One.

Even though she didn't manage to go for church services due to mother's disapproval,
She always find time to communicate to Him.

And this is already her level of devotion without a bible.

She has a best friend named Serene Tyfas. Her shepeard and discipler.

Serene has been a faithful christian for many years, for about a decade already.

Everytime Tera had a question, she always tries her best to answer her doubts to the fullest extent. Having cultivated the fruits of the Spirit to a high level, she knows how to be dependant and to seek God for the answers.

It was 6 November today. Tera's birthday.

"Hey gal, I have something to give ya."

Serene hands her a gift.

"Happy birthday!" She smiled.

"Hey thanks! Hmm, so what's inside?"

"Open it up."

And as Tera opened up the wrapper, she saw something she had always wished for so long.

It was a bible.

She gasped in excitement and awe. She finally waited for this day.

"I...I...really thank you. I had waited so long for this book."

"Heh, and so it is now officially in your hands. Take care of it well."

"Yah. I will make sure it doesn't collect dust. Haha. And I will read it every day."

Tera continued to hug the book close to her, like a little girl not letting go of a teddy bear from a shopping mall shelf.

And she heard a soft voice:

"Your walk with Me shall grow and prosper from this point on."


(All characters and events in this story are purely fictional. Any resemblance to any character and event of any kind are totally coincidental.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home