One Memorable Debut.
Thursday night, while I was ROing with the usual peeps.
Calvin Seow's sms: Yo bro...Hey u finished your exams already? Do you mind if you can play for nite life this week? Cos Jason couldn't come.
I was quite surprised. It came out of the blue.
Excitedly, I told the RO peeps:
Me: *gasp* Calvin just msged me that Jason couldn't come and that he asked me to play this week.
Phee: Sighhhhh that Jason, always like that one. Ok lor, you play this week. Haha.
Phee: Remember horrrrr, during practice and service, LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE. O_O (Due to the need for bass-drum coordination).
And so I agreed to it.
I was nervous, but was looking forward to that day.
Friday night, practice.
Yayyyy Phee did sharing that day. It was very good. *applauses*
She shared about patience.
And indeed, most of the time we are guilty of not being patient with God.
Sometimes when we pray and we think that God is not listening to us,
He is actually answering our prayers.
Calvin: I remembered someone said this: "God may be slow to answer, but he is never late in answering."
=)
And so time for practice.
I was rather tense, but in the end it went through quite smoothly. =D
And I was so happy when one of my favourite songs: 'I'm Yours', was in the list.
*Grins at Mich-Joy*.
Been listening to her blog song for like a billion times.
I like that song.
Saturday morning.
Thinking about how to improve on my mistakes during the practice.
Trying as much as possible to correct my common errors.
I was really 'kan chiong', to be honest.
Tried to keep cool.
Saturday, 4:15pm.
Went up stage to practice for one last time.
Completed my final preparations.
Evann: Hey Wai, I can see that you are really tense. Relax. I can see that you are trying very hard to reach Jason's standard. You don't have to. Just keep cool and be yourself. You have already done very well. Keep up the good work.
Evann, I really thank you for that encouragement you gave.
I really appreciated it.
That encouragement really gave me that strength to carry on through the service.
Thanks bro. =)
Went out to pray.
Asked God for focus and being able to flow in the spirit.
SNL started.
Gave my best into it.
All about Him and not about me.
Although I made some mistakes during the session,
I felt at ease.
I was able to keep my attention to worship.
And less on the technical stuffs.
Still remembered I sweated so much that 1 drop went into my eye.
-_-"
Thank God it did not let my eye 'catch fire'.
And how Phee stared at me when I made a wrong note. =P
All in all, everything was rather smooth.
Glory to God alone. =)
After SNL, at beauty world.
WeiWei: WAIWAIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: *stuns* Ohhh hiiiiiii.
WeiWei: Hehehehehe.
Then her friend came along.
Xuan Wen: Hello!
Me: Hi.
Xuan Wen: Still remember me? I was your teammate at last year's YI camp.
Me: *shocked* *thought for a moment*
Me: OHHHHHHHHHH! Yah I remember.
Oooooooooops, I really forgot that she was my YI teammate last year.
Forgetful me. *smacks the top of my head*
My team: Kranji
What a precious memory..till now.
During dinner.
Me: *shifts my cup to myself to drink*
Phee: *shifts away my cup and acts serious*
Me: *stuns* *Don't dare to take back my cup*
Phee and Tommy: Hahahahahahahahahaha
Me: (-_-)"
1 October 2005.
A day that I will never forget.
Thank You Lord for giving me this opportunity,
To serve you in SNL for the 1st time.
It was a great experience.
But of course,
It is the heart of worship that God looks at in top priority.
That hunger and thirst for Him alone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home