Wednesday, August 31, 2005

That old road to the past building.

7 months have passed since I had last stepped into BBSS (Bukit Batok Secondary School).
Time really flies, doesn't it?
In the blink of an eye, September is here again.
BBSS,
The best school I've ever been so far.

Got dressed up and left home.
The moment I stepped out of the lift,
Walked the first few steps,
I slowed down automatically.
My eyes started to vision about the past.
The same path that led me to school.
The feeling was great.
I started to do a relaxing pace.

Everything was almost intact.
The traffic light that I always need to cross.
The coffee shops.
The small malay fish market.
The mini-mart.
Nothing changed much.

Reached BBSS back gate,
Where I met one of my CCA junior.
Still the same as ever. Haha.
It was then another flashback came back.
I was walking on the same path that I always run at while I was having basketball trainings.

Finally, stepped into the grounds of the school.
Ohh, they have installed a shelter for security guards. Heh.

Worked my way up to the staff room.
And I was so happy.
There outside the HOD room were my ex-classmates,
And my maths teacher, Miss Ngiam,
Whom Phee said was her carbon copy. Hahaha.

Miss Ngiam: Wai Kiat!!!
Me (Walked to her): Hello!
Miss Ngiam: Hey, long time no see, how are you?
Me: Yup, I'm fine.
I was glad to know that she's fine, just that she is quite stressed with her work.
She said it was tougher than last year. Cos her students were harder to handle.
She gave out sweets. =D Gladly accepted one.

Seconds after I received the sweets...

Me: Mr Latiff!
Mr Latiff: Hey! Wow nice to see you man. *Shakes my hand*
Me: Yup, I'm fine. How about you?
Mr Latiff: Oh, I'm ok. Just gotta count my blessings. Cos not all people can be as fortunate as us. So yup...Gotta count my blessings.
Mr Latiff: And oh yah, the school will be setting up an alumni soon, to gather the ex-students back to BBSS. So yup, come back when you are free. *smiles*
Me: Yup sure.
Mr Latiff: Yup..So see you around! Gotta go for a meeting soon.
Me: Ok! *Shakes his hand again*

After this, I started to take a mini-tour around the school.
Firstly, passed the lecture room. A very new room, but a very small one. Used mainly for lectures for classes. Duh. Haha.
Then, visited my former classrooms. Nothing seemed to change at all. Almost none. It's like reliving the same old days. Although my juniors now occupy them, I just hope that they could feel the past excitements and joy that happened in those rooms.

It was at this time...

Me: Hello Mdm Fadilah!
Mdm Fadilah: Hi Wai Kiat! How are you?
Me: Yup, I'm fine.
Mdm Fadilah: So where you studying now?
Me: Singapore Poly.
Mdm Fadilah: Oh I see. Ok..So work hard yeah?
Me: I will. *beams*

Walked back to the staff room and lingered around.
Didn't see any teachers around for the moment.
Suddenly, I saw a familiar figure walking down the stairs.
It was my physics teacher.

Me: Mr Quek!
Mr Quek: *stares at me for a while* (I think he forgot who I am haha)
Mr Quek: OH! Eh! How are you? *shakes my hand*
Me: Yup, I'm fine.
Mr Quek: So where you studying now?
Me: SP.
Mr Quek: What course?
Me: Chemical engineering.
Mr Quek: Oh okok. Hmm chemical engineering ah..wah quite demanding leh that course.
Me: Mmm, ok lah..My 'O' level quite ok.
Mr Quek: Ah I see..Hey I need to go somewhere else liao, pple to need see me. Haha. See you see you.
Me: Haha..Ok. Bye!

A few minutes later...
Saw my social studies teacher, Mdm Jayanthi.
Oh yah Phee you know what?
She's pregnant! =)
Haha, when she taught you I think she is still a 'Miss' only. Hehe.
Anyway, we just smiled at each other, since we don't really talk to each other much.
Took a photo with some of the peeps together with her.

Went to the next end of the staff room.
I saw an adult lady walking out.
No doubt, it was my chemistry teacher, Mrs Wong,
Who's currently teaching Andy Ong Chee Peng physics. =D

Me: Mrs Wong!
Mrs Wong: Hey! Hello! *shakes my hand* (wow, I shaked quite a few hands already)
Mrs Wong: How are you? You studying where ah?
Me: SP.
Mrs Wong: What course?
Me: Chemical engineering.
Mrs Wong: Oh good good.
Mrs Wong: Yup..So remember, wherever you are, study hard. Be it in JC or Poly. Even in Poly, when you work hard, you still have a chance to go university.
Me: Yep. *smiles*

And so, I went back home after this,
Keeping the little memories still within my mind.
Although quite disappointed that I didn't get to see a few teachers,
Especially my chinese and sec 2 science teachers,
But I'm glad I could converse with most of them.
Oh yah, Chee Peng! Liang Zhi! Where were your?? :(
Oh well, I guessed the school was too big. Haha.

Thank you teachers of BBSS.
I wish you all the best!

Happy teacher's day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home