Monday, August 29, 2005

Street Evangelism (Part 1)

Saturday morning. 7am.

Mum: Weijie! Wake up wake up!
Me: Huh?
Mum: Didn't you ask me to wake you up at 7am?
Me: Yah I did..But nvm lah..I wanna continue sleeping. The 7am one is because I wanna use com.
Mum: Oh ok.

One week before...
Ri Xiang: Next week you will all be going for street evangelism at the various shopping centres. This is to train you all for the upcoming mission trip.

Actually, I didn't want to go..honestly.
I didn't like the fact that I need to speak up to strangers that I first met.
I really wanted not to go..
But...
I know this can't go on forever.
Even if I don't like to talk,
I must at least try.
Even if it is just once.
Get the first hand experience.
No point sitting down somewhere and miss the opportunity to win souls.

And so 7am was the time when I played RO with the guys.
But I thought better not.
Didn't have the mood to play anyway.
I was nervous about street E.
Thinking about what to say and what will happen if there were hostile people.
But I know that God is prompting me: "Just go."

Jesus had said before: "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few."
It's time now.

12pm, church.
Ri Xiang made a short briefing and prayed.
Jireh then made the preparations.
All set and ready to go.

1:30pm, JE MRT station.
Eveline made another short briefing.
Street E officially starts.

And so I and Michelle Lo were a team.
At first we were walking around aimlessly like missiles without a target.
But slowly, we got to 'surveyed' people, trying to get them to Christ.
We plant the seeds, God does the rest. (Quoted from WeiWei)
Time slowly ticked by.
And so far we only had people who were either neutral or with little interest.
Could feel that our minds were starting to drain bit by bit.
Thank God that the others are nearby, to spur each other up.

Until...

There was this girl in uniform walking down the escalator.
Michelle went forward to her.

Michelle: "Hi. I'm Michelle from an organisation called Youth Impact. Can I have a short survey with you?"
Girl: "Yah sure."
As they continued,
I noticed something different about this girl.
She shows signs of enthusiasm.
I can sense that light from her face.
I started to pray. Asking God to soften her heart.
I was excited. So anxious. So desperate.

Michelle: "So do you want to accept Christ?"
Girl: "Yes."

Take note the word highlighted in red.
SHE SAID YES.
We gasped in delight.
And no doubt, we were so happy.
In fact, so happy that Michelle forgot what to say next. Haha.
And so she led her into the sinner's prayer.
Got her particulars.
And the angels in heaven are rejoicing. =)

But...
It's not over yet.

Soon after the first person saved,
Another girl came down the escalator.
Michelle went forward to her, leaving me behind. Doh.
I was listening to Andy. Oops.
Went to her.
Michelle was halfway through her 'survey' already.

Michelle: "So do you want to accept Christ?"
Girl: "Yes."

Again, take note of the word highlighted in red.
SHE SAID YES.
Again, we gasped in delight. Haha.
This time I led her into the sinner's prayer.
Could sense that she was hesitant and fearful at first,
But I know that God is doing the cleansing process within her now.

2nd soul saved. The angels has twice the duration of celebration. =D
But of course, we can't just leave them alone and forget about them.
We still need to do follow up when we get home.

Street E finally ended.
Took 66 back to church for SNL.
And I believe God is telling me: "In the end, street E isn't so bad after all right?"
Well, indeed it isn't so bad. :)


29 souls were saved in this evangelistic outreach.
Praise the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home