Thinking.
After listening to Mich-Joy's 'The Only One', it really changed my perspective of writing gospel lyrics.
Last time I thought that every gospel lyric that I typed was wonderful and perfect. It would become a great sound to God's ears.
I was wrong.
I noticed that the lyrics that I wrote are shallow in the spirit and is lacking in deep impact.
There wasn't any room to create the 'soul-intimation' towards our heavenly Father.
And on a theoretical basis, they are not easy to be composed. Even if it was, the music would not be of good quality.
However, I discovered that barrier.
It was the absence of motivation and anointing of the Holy Spirit.
I had to understand that gospel lyrics are not just words.
But living words.
They prophesy the word of God.
They emphasise the importance of God.
They can lead a congregation into passionate worship.
They stir up the hearts of people to close the gap between them and God.
They allow the congregation to pour out their hearts to God.
Therefore,
There is no way gospel lyrics can be formed by just mere thinking.
But the Holy Spirit that grants us the wisdom to write them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home